Thursday 4 February 2016

Brown bananas turned into muffins!

Now I'll be the first to admit that I waste food and I hate it I see it as money in the bin so I am really trying my hardest to cut down on my wasting. I had two very brown ripe bananas sitting in my fruit bowl that kept getting over looked for other items and I knew they would end up in the bin unless I used them , after a look in the cupboards to see what I already had in I came up with the ideas to make muffins ! They turned out really well and Bodhi pretty much made them by himself. 

So you will need :- 

X2 ripe bananas ( or how ever many you have ) 
150g self raising flour
100g soft light brown sugar ( or white caster I just didn't have any )
X2/3 eggs ( depending on the size of them I used x3 small eggs ) 
150g butter
Handful of chocolate chips ( up to you ) 



How to make :- 

Set your oven to 200 while you get all of your items out and weighted , you will also need muffin cases. I used silicon ones ( I made x12 ) Place all of the ingredients into a bowl and use a fork to mash the bananas into the mix, once all mixed it should look like a lumpy cake mix. Use a spoon to half fill the cases ( as they will rise while cooking ) Pop into the oven on the middle shelve for 15-20 mins leave to cool and enjoy. 





No comments:

Post a Comment